This blog captures my journey to take a break from jewelry designing to learn something new. Join me as I learn the art of photography and Photoshop Elements and watch me create through my lens. ~ Dee

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Photo Walk Bust!!....

One thing I promise to do, is to be honest about my journey....it hasn't been pretty sometimes and here's my first story.....

On my second walk and shoot to a much larger local park in town (Maymont Park) I spent hours walking and taking photos.  It was hot, there were a ton of hills, but I was determined to make a day of it.  When I returned home and started reviewing my day -  photo, after boring photo was all that I saw.  Out of over 100 shots, I probably had 5 or 6 that were worth showing (and these aren't the ones)...the click through my day went pretty much like this..........
bland...
after bland and unclear....

after what was I thinking....

after bland....

after...okay...not too bad

have you had enough yet?  I had, and I was not a happy camper.  I've seen the possibilities of Maymont Park, why wasn't I able to capture any of it?  This last one was probably my best shot of the day, and I didn't realize why until month's later!  

Leason Learned:
I needed to find a book on taking great pictures. Everything is not what it seems to be when you get home.  In the learning stages I wasn't approaching my walk and shoots with a purpose, I was just shooting and hoping for a great capture. I wasn't comfortable with my camera settings and needed to move beyond automatic.  My first books purchased after this outing was Nikon D5000 from Snapshots to Great Shots by Jeff Revell and The Digital Photography Book by Scott Kelby.  I've read both twice front to back...and I can't wait to tell you about them next!

Unveiling,
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...