This blog captures my journey to take a break from jewelry designing to learn something new. Join me as I learn the art of photography and Photoshop Elements and watch me create through my lens. ~ Dee

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

New Blog!!

As if I needed anything else to do, I've started another blog...or maybe I should call it a journal?  Either way I'm doing two things I love...writing and taking pictures. 

My journey to where I am now, started with taking photos for my son's Elementary School Year book with a nikon 5400 point and shoot...three years of snapshots, gave me the itch.  I learned about photoshop, cropping and pixels.  My next phase, came with taking photos of my jewelry for my website...here I learned a few things about aperture, lighting and macro shots.

 Annd then  I entered the world of DSLR....WOW!   I could have continued taking good, great shots, but what's the point in upgrading if you can't blow all the whistles?   For me, with any new toy comes a learning phase and that's what has brought me here blogging about my deeper journey into photography and taking a break from my at home business.

Just to give you an idea of who you're dealing with...yes I'm a bit anal when it comes to learning.  I figure if I'm going to get a new camera, bigger and better, what's a few extra bucks to learn how to use it?  Okay...maybe I went overboard, but these books, along with one other on my Kindle has opened my eyes to all the possiblities in the art photography. 

"This is how I learn"

Sooo, I invite you to join me as I learn about photography, show my progress and hiccups and share tips and secrets along the way. I welcome your feedback positive or negative (constructive would be nice)  tips and advice. But most of all this is my time to enjoy what I'm doing without the pressure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...