This blog captures my journey to take a break from jewelry designing to learn something new. Join me as I learn the art of photography and Photoshop Elements and watch me create through my lens. ~ Dee

Friday, June 28, 2013

Capturing the Person....

A lot of my time lately has been focused on portraiture. I'm really trying to find one or two niches to focus my  photography on, and the only way to do that is to try different things.  The past few months I've been learning how to use my off camera flash, flash lighting, natural light and posing to capture my human subjects at their best.  Lucky for me I have some great friends and family who have been willing subjects to humor me in my journey.  it's been an exciting few months with many hiccups along the way, but I think I may have found my niche in people and events...more time will tell.   Below are a few portraits I'm sharing as promised....

My long time friend's daughter with her beautiful little girl.  It's amazing to have watched Brittiny grow up from childhood into a mom!  

My lovely niece, who prior to this photo shoot, didn't like taking pictures...now she's eager for more.  Isn't she lovely?! 

One of my nephews, being patient with Auntie as she learns to use her new flash and umbrella outdoors one evening..

My lovely neighbor, helping me with a class project using natural light and focusing on the eyes..I passed!!  

Long time friends twin sons. Watching these two grow up along with my son has been crazy.  They are all now in High School. From diapers to cars...uuuggh I'm getting old!

One of my cousin's who recently graduated from College...ready to take on the business world.  

Unveiling Portraits,
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...