This blog captures my journey to take a break from jewelry designing to learn something new. Join me as I learn the art of photography and Photoshop Elements and watch me create through my lens. ~ Dee

Monday, June 24, 2013

Broad Appetit 2013...Yummy

Broad Appetit is one of the biggest food festivals in our city.   Each year thousands come out to enjoy the tastings from many local restaurants, all to benefit Feedmore and to promote local businesses.

Feedmore is Central Virginia's hunger-relief leader made up of the Central Virginia Food Bank, Meals on Wheels Serving Central Virginia and the Community Kitchen. Working together to efficiently and effectively fight hunger to enhance lives in our community, FeedMore's programs provide hunger relief to our region’s most vulnerable populations, particularly children, families and seniors." - feedmore.com

 In an effort to get people sample all the different restaurants participating, all samples are $3.00.  And I'll be the first to tell you, they aren't just mini sample and the food is outstanding! Below is my own sampling of the event, it was the first year I was able to attend and the weather was perfect!!  I'll definitely be back next year!!














Unveiling on Broad Street,
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...