This blog captures my journey to take a break from jewelry designing to learn something new. Join me as I learn the art of photography and Photoshop Elements and watch me create through my lens. ~ Dee

Monday, January 9, 2012

January Weddings are beautiful too...See!!

I'm on Day 9 of the 365 Day Photo Challenge and so far, I haven't missed a beat!  I once learned that 21 days makes a habit..we'll see.  in the meantime if you would like to see how I'm doing,  you can follow my personal challenge on Flicker, just click the gray button at the top of this page and you'll be directed to my 365 photoset.  Below is my Day 9 photo:



So, what's all this talk about weddings in January?  Have I graduated to professional already....not a chance; but, I did have the opportunity this past weekend to take some reception photos for my cousins restaurant, to promote their offerings of special events on their Facebook page.  This gave me another opportunity to play around with indoor lighting, composition and different perspectives.  The Question to you is.....would you consider having your special event here based on the photos I took below?



ISO 200, f2.8, 1/200 sec

ISO 200, f/2.8, 1/40 sec


ISO 200, f/4.2 1/20 sec


ISO 400, f/5.3, 1/100 sec

ISO 200, f/2.8m 1/200 sec

ISO 200, f/2.8, 1/40 sec
ISO 200, f/2.8, 1/50 sec
All of the photos above were taken with a Nikkor AF-S 50mm 1:1.8G

 
Lesson Learned:
On this particular day, I learned how RAW worked. I have never shot in RAW before, I usually just use .jpeg, but figured I'd try something new.  There is a  lot more work involved in getting the photos in a jpeg format (not a ton, but more than usual) and the files are huge!  I also learned that working indoors can be very similar to outdoors when it comes to exposure.  Very few of my shots from Saturday even used a flash indoors. Learning to expose for the shot I'm trying to get, is key indoors or out.  I also learned a lot more about fill flash, as I took some outdoor photos as well.  All in all, it was a great lesson and I hope the restaurant will be able to use the photos.

Unveiling after the Ceremony,
Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...